In 1985, Viñas del Vero and other wineries in the area founded the Somontano Designation of Origin, which, beyond being a quality parameter, signifies respect for a geographical origin and tradition, indicating that all the grapes used in the production of its wines come from the vineyards of the Somontano.
The name ‘Viñas del Vero’ originates from a river in the Somontano region, at the foot of the Pyrenees, famous for its ravines, gorges and canyons. Viñas el Vero was established in the Somontano at the end of 1986 with the acquisition of 550 hectares of land in Barbastro and other nearby towns. In 1987, they started to replant the land with a variety of traditional vineyards from the region (Tempranillo, Moristel, Garnacha and Macabeo), together with other varieties with different origins (Chardonnay, Gewürztraminer, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Pinot Noir).
- The winery offers many different options from the guided tour of its facilities, guided tasting, strolls through the vineyard, the Somontano Express tasting, as well as the Garden for the senses (‘‘Jardin de los sentidos’’).
- You can undertake different sensorial activities, such as the “Garden for the senses”, blind tastings, and touching the different varieties of grapevines while visiting the vineyard.
- You can also take guided tours with special activities for people with cognitive disabilities.
- Adapted parking place available vertically and horizontally signposted.
- One can access to certain part of the visit such as the vineyard, tasting zone, barrel room, production area, bottling room, cellars and shop.
- Adapted bathroom.
- Bathroom has an occupied/free display on the door
- Subtitled audio-visual presentation available..