The construction of the San Gregorio public fountain, which is located 3.5 km from the village, was a priority towards the end of the 16th century as it was the only method of providing water to the townsfolk.  After its construction the villagers would go to fill their pitchers, water their animals and wash their clothes and the water left over after these needs had been met was used for irrigating nearby vegetable plots. 

The fountain takes the name of the nearby chapel and was built in 1560 by the master stone mason Joan Bélez, who also built the Morilla.

 

  • Berbegal. Introduccion 2
  • Berbegal. Introduccion 4
  • Berbegal. Introduccion 5
  • Berbegal. Introduccion 6
  • Berbegal. Introduccion 7
  • Berbegal. Introduccion